The following strategy update was posted yesterday on the Global Health Institute website.
- The need for additional medical teams continues, but as we move forward the composition of these teams will change to reflect current needs at the hospital. Keep in mind the needs change almost daily.
- As of April 20, 2010, the "Dream Team" includes:
- 1-2 Orthopaedic Surgeons
- 1 General Surgeon
- 1-2 Anesthesiologists (MDs and CRNAs)
- 1-2 ER Physicians
- 1-2 Pediatricians
- 4-8 RNs of whom 2-4 with OR and ER experience
- 1-2 Physical Therapists and/or Occupational Therapists
- 2 Pharmacists
- 2+ Central Supply Personnel
- 2 Utilities and Maintenance Personnel
- We also welcome applications from OB-GYNs, PAs,NPs and other health care professionals. We would like to keep the number of our teams to about 25-30 people on any given week.
- The teams will work at the Adventist Hospital.
- The current strategy is to send in teams for at least a 9 day cycle (Teams arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday.) A longer term of service is preferred.
- LLU will maintain and manage the schedule of the various teams and provide them with information about their trip and tips about what to bring, etc.
- Selection and composition of the particular teams will be done with input from all the partners mentioned above in close consultation with the administration at the Adventist Hospital of Haiti. It is very important that we send essential personnel in an organized manner so as to not strain already limited support resources.
- LLU and our partners are committed to support our hospital in the months to come. These efforts will build on local available resources under the leadership of Lesly Archer, MD, Medical Director for the Adventist Hospital and supported by Orthopedic Surgeon, Scott Nelson, MD.
Reposted from haitibones.org - thanks Jim